Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner in Capps & Community Charity Challenge requires that you agree with the following Terms of Service which sets forth the services and duties provided by Capps & Community Charity Challenge and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is or is being fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 and will provide our EIN number, contact info, and a representative’s information for verification.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that any donations processed outside of Capps & Community Charity Challenge donation period, through GiveGab.com, or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: http://info.givegab.com/pricing.
- I understand that in the event of a disputed donation GiveGab will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my organization's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the full amount of the disputed donation and donation processing fees fees will be pulled from my organization’s bank account, and my organization will be charged a $15 dispute fee.
- I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by an administrator from my organization and requested from GiveGab within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. If approved, the full amount of the requested refund and donation processing fees will be pulled from my organization’s balance. Any donation refund request made outside of the 4 business day refund window must be handled outside of the GiveGab platform between my organization and the donor directly.
- I understand that as the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorize) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
- I confirm that my organization serves or has headquarters in Smith Mountain Lake and surrounding area.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to Capps & Community Charity Challenge to the campaign to create a sense of community-wide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that Capps & Community Charity Challenge is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and that Capps & Community Charity Challenge has no control of this process.
- I confirm that my organization has a website or Facebook page and that we will add the Capps & Community Charity Challenge link to one or both.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, and volunteers should promote Capps & Community Charity Challenge over the course of the event using social media.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspapers, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all nonprofits participating in Capps & Community Charity Challenge.